Monday, June 13, 2011

Nintendo the U and the Duke

I really wanted to like Nintendo again, I really did. When I saw the Wii all those years ago I knew for a fact that it would get stale and there wouldn't be any games I would want for it. And that is exactly what happened. 5 or so years later and here we are with the WiiU (or the U which is what it should have been called). An iPad with buttons on it.
Innovation my ass, for anyone impressed by that golf swing part of their trailer I have one thing to say. FUCK YOU. There has been literally been zero reason to think this won't be another retarded gimmick like the Wii. Supporting dumb-fuckery like this is what has made me shift to PC gaming so much.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope the U actually comes out with a game that looks cool and halfway interesting. I hope Nintendo gives me a reason to come back to them, I miss what Nintendo used to be and I want to see them get better. So far it doesn't look like it.


Now for something completely different. Duke Nukem Forever sucks.
The game was released in Europe and will be released tomorrow in North America. But the word is that the game sucks, a lot. Everything aside from Duke's personality was given quality time apparently. So for all you retards out there who chuckle at this crap will love it.
Which of course brings me to the fact that the game has been pre-ordered by so many people that they've already turned a massive profit. Thank you so fucking much.


I guess the point of this post was to rant about how stupid gamers are these days. Willing to throw their money at people who don't deserve it and willing to support franchises that should have died in the 90s.
And I didn't even mention Sonic or Call of Duty.

Goodnight.

2 comments: