Friday, April 15, 2011

Project Management Class: Risk Management

Risk management was one of the few chapters that surprised me.

At first I thought it was all about managing problems that occur during projects. But in actual fact it was about lowering the number of problems by estimating possible threats.
I never really did that before, or at least not consciously anyway. I guess the closest would be the type of bank savings account I chose. Mine has a bit more risk of losing more money than others, but the the chance of making more money than I could lose is also pretty high. Weighing the two I chose the account I have now. Though it wasn't really a decision I thought hard about.

I'm just not into banking and stocks. My dad adores that subject but I don't see why. It was actually his suggestion that I try a riskier account, but I didn't feel like I should. It just never really interested me.

No comments:

Post a Comment